Surf Rescue Certificate 21/22
This year we will be running the Surf Rescue Certificate Course at Warriewood Surf Life Saving Club. Come and see us on Registration day for more information.
Start Date: 16th Oct 2021
Date: Saturday Mornings, 8am -10am
Cost : Nipper Member – approx $90
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge of basic patrolling and surf awareness in order to be able to participate in lifesaving operations including Warriewood Patrol. This course is the minimum water safety qualification for Junior Activity supervision.
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- be a least 13 years of age on the date of the assessment
- have completed a 200 metre swim in five (5) minutes or less , unaided (goggles/mask permitted), in a swimming pool not less than 25 metres, or over a measured open water course which will be observed prior to the candidate undertaking any water training or assessment activities, evidence of which must be provided to the Assessor on the timed swim form prior to commencement of the assessment for this qualification
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded with the SLSA Surf Rescue Certificate. You will also receive the following nationally recognised units of competency, some of which may be recognised as prior learning for the PUA20119 Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue):
- PUAOPE013 Operate communications systems and equipment
- PUASAR012 Apply surf awareness and self-rescue skills
- PUASAR013 Participate in an aquatic rescue operation
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
For more information, please download the Course-Syllabus-SRC