SILVER MEDALLION – BASIC BEACH MANAGEMENT
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and experience required to manage a beach and a team in emergency and non-emergency situations. The course is aimed at people wishing to be Patrol Captains, Lifeguards and Lifeguard Supervisors.
Units/s of Competency
- PUATEA002B Work autonomously
- PUAOPE027A Undertake beach safety management activities
- BSBFLM312C Contribute to team effectiveness
These units form a part of the nationally recognised qualification PUA31312 Certificate III in Public Safety (Aquatic Search and Rescue).
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- be at least 17 years of age on the date of final assessment
- hold the Bronze Medallion award and the Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- be proficient in ONE of the following:
- Bronze Medallion
- Radio Operator Certificate
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate
- Apply First Aid