Surf Rescue Certificate 2021/22
**This years SRC Course in now fully booked
This year we will be running the Surf Rescue Certificate Course at Warriewood Surf Life. Given the current Covid-19 restrictions, we had to revert from our original plans. The SRC course can commence on line on 20 October 7pm and we will be commencing the course over Zoom. Actual training will commence when Nipper starts on October 31. Please click on the link below for more details on the SRC Course and please fill out the Training Registration form.
Cost : Nipper Membership as per Current Price list plus $90 SRC Course Cost
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge of basic patrolling and surf awareness in order to be able to participate in lifesaving operations including Warriewood Patrol. This course is the minimum water safety qualification for Junior Activity supervision.
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- be a least 13 years of age on the date of the assessment
- have completed a 200 metre swim in five (5) minutes or less , unaided (goggles/mask permitted), in a swimming pool not less than 25 metres, or over a measured open water course which will be observed prior to the candidate undertaking any water training or assessment activities, evidence of which must be provided to the Assessor on the timed swim form prior to commencement of the assessment for this qualification
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded with the SLSA Surf Rescue Certificate. You will also receive the following nationally recognised units of competency, some of which may be recognised as prior learning for the PUA20119 Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue):
- PUAOPE013 Operate communications systems and equipment
- PUASAR012 Apply surf awareness and self-rescue skills
- PUASAR013 Participate in an aquatic rescue operation
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
For more information, please download the Course-Syllabus-SRC