Warriewood Surf Life Saving Club
Junior Activities (Nippers) Season 2020 | 2021
INFORMATION REGARDING THE DELIVERY OF JUNIOR ACTIVITIES COMMENCING
18TH OCTOBER 2020 WITHIN THE GUIDELINES OF THE COVID-19 HEALTH RESTRICTIONS.
Effective 31st August 2020
Dear Nipper families,
The whole of Warriewood SLSC is looking forward to welcoming you back to Nippers this coming season! Due to the restrictions in place for community sport due to COVID-19, we know that Nippers will look different this season.
This is the first of our communications we will forward to you in relation to the upcoming nipper’s season. The purpose of the below information is to provide you with the information that is available to us for you to make an informed decision about your participation in nippers this year.
Under the current COVID-19 NSW Public Health Orders, the delivery of our programme this year will look different in many ways. We are currently developing our nippers COVID-19 safety plan drawing on advice from both SLSNSW and SLSSNB and I am pleased to inform you that Warriewood SLSC is a registered ‘COVID Safe Business’.
As members of both the surf life-saving community and as parents and carers we all play an important role in keeping our communities safe. As a club, we of course would love to see everyone as always. Our aim is to make it as enjoyable as we can for our nippers and with everyone’s co-operation, I am confident we can achieve this.
- Groups of 500 people maximum can gather. This will include nippers, family members, water safety, officials, patrolling members and the public.
- Once registrations are finalised, a decision will be made as to operating on two starting times to keep in line with the above point. These are to be confirmed – potentially a 9.00am start for U6’s – U9’s and 10.15am for U10’s – U13’s. SRC’s (U14’s) TBA.
- The 1.5m2 per participant and family members spectating must be in place.
- Only one parent or guardian per child to be in attendance.
- Plan to ‘Turn up, Participate, Leave.’ – arrive ready to go and leave immediately following the conclusion of the activity.
- There will be mandatory record keeping via QR code for all persons attending. One parent within the age group to accept the responsibility of this being maintained.
- Only Age Managers, qualified officials and water safety are permitted to participate in the delivery. Parents not holding a bronze certificate will not be allowed to enter the water within the programme.
- Our competitive water competition training has been suspended for this season. Beach competition training to be advised.
- Sunday 13th September – registration day at the club for new members.
- If you are re-joining please renew your families membership by logging onto:
- Sunday 18th October – nippers commences.
- Sunday 19th December – final nippers prior to Christmas
The guidance within this document is current as at the above date. It will be updated as further information becomes available as we near the start of the season. It will be emailed to you via the address recorded under your child’s name in Surfguard. Please ensure your details in the SLS Members area are up to date as this will serve as one of our avenues of communication throughout the season.
For the most up to date information in relation to surf life-saving and COVID-19 please visit:
As valued members of the Warriewood SLSC we will ensure that you are kept up to date with the most current information as it becomes available to us. We are commited to keeping all members of the club safe, and we thank you for your support and understanding in these times. As Government restrictions change prior to season start, we will endeavour to update you on information as it becomes available.
If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to email me on email@example.com